Allow us to express our appreciation
About Your Ride
We’ve designed this event with you in mind. Whether you ride 100 km or try our NEW 50 km option, we’ll give you a ton of support and encouragement. This exhilarating event will challenge experienced riders while allowing recreational cyclists to achieve new bests.
This bold road cycling journey follows the scenic Rideau River from Ottawa to Merrickville. The ride starts in Ottawa with a full breakfast, because you’ll need it. Along the route there will be fuel and water stations, repair assistance, and lots of people cheering you on! At the finish line, there will be a barbecue and quality entertainment to celebrate! If you chose the 50 km option, don’t worry – we’ll be bringing you to the party in Merrickville. In fact you might even get to hit the showers first! At the end of it all you’ll be able to freshen up from the journey and enjoy the accomplishment. Each rider will take away a unique experience, having met new friends, laughed, shared, and, most of all, worked towards finding a cure for cancer.
This is a challenging ride along the river, but we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Start – Ernst & Young Centre, Ottawa
- “Fit for a Hero” Breakfast
- Bicycle safety checks and on-site mechanics
- Gear depot and transfer to the finish line
- Limited-edition jersey
- Almost irresistible pit stops with water, fuel, and entertainment
- Ride Guides, mechanical support, and rider assistance
Official Hero’s Welcome: Downtown Merrickville-Wolford
- Cheering crowds, barbecue, and entertainment
- Rider reward medallion
- Souvenir photos for teams and riders
- Rider Care Centre: showers and pampering
- Complimentary motor coach back to Ottawa
There will be plenty of good surprises along the way, but we
don’t want to ruin it. Are you in?